Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Schmalentine's!

So, for Valentine's Day, we didn't get to go out or anything because Jeff has been waaayyyy too busy. So, we decided to just make a nice dinner at home. So Jeff made some very yummy steaks, and we had baked potatoes and the kids had fettuccine noodles, and french bread toast. I decided to do the table all up in pink and red, and put the sparkling cider on the table, and told the kids it was our fancy champagne....my bad....they didn't even want to try it saying "mom, we can't drink alcohol, I don't want to drink alcohol." I guess that's great that they have that ingrained in their brain, but it took me a while to convince them that it was just apple juice. Katie didn't like it anyway, but they all loved having the table all decorated (and yes, all of you Martha Stewarts...that is a decorated table for me with kids, okay? That's as fancy as I get with little ones!). My Valentine bought me these! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are good, we only lit candles with my flowers as the center piece. Maybe I'll be more like you next year!

Miss Sue said...

Summer. I love the table and the family dinner. its perfect, just the way it is, and you can tell I'm right, just look at the smiles at that table!