Monday, June 28, 2010

Alma 7-9

Quote "To succor means to 'run to.' I testify that in my fears and in my infirmities the Savior has surely run to me. I will never be able to thank Him enough for such personal kindness and such loving care."
~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Question "Why is it helpful to remember that the Savior knows what it's like to have your problems?"
Well, how can someone help you if they don't understand what you are going through? We all talk to friends, spouses, neighbors, and/or family members about our problems...but do they solve them for us? They listen, and sympathize, and sometimes offer advice, but there is only One who really "knows". Jesus Christ knows exactly how we feel. He knows what it feels like to feel scared, to feel completely alone, to feel humiliated, to feel betrayed, and any and every other feeling we have ever had. HE KNOWS! That's amazing considering that Jesus Christ was the only person to have no sin whatsoever on Earth, and yet He felt every single person's sin. Humbling to think about.
It is such a comfort to know that there is somewhere that we can turn with our problems. There is someone we can talk to about them. It is comforting to know that our pain has been felt by someone else that loves us, and wants to help us, and really understands the hurt. To quote one of my favorite hymns that sums this all up:
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified
That for me a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died
Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.
I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That He should extend His great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify
Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

No comments: