Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sick & Tired of being Sick & Tired!

Sick! Sick! Sick! Everyone has had the flu in our house in the past 2 weeks. I don't remember if my sleep was ever this interrupted by a newborn...unbelievable! Luckily, it is only a 24 bug for everyone except Tyler (he is taking a little longer to completely get over it), but it is so intense that it takes days and days to get any strength back! There has seemed to be about a 4 day incubation in between everyone getting it, so if I can get through Sunday with no relapses, I think we will finally be in the clear and I can get back to somewhat normal routine. Not to mention, laundry, laundry, laundry. I have done more laundry in the past two weeks than I normally do in two months! Crazy!

So, what can I say that is good about it? Well, I have been able to take more naps during the day (even though I would rather just get a good night sleep). And also, Tyler has started to watch a little bit of cartoons while he has been sick, and it is really nice when your kids will start watching a cartoon or two so that you can finally get something done. Say what you will about the TV being a babysitter, and that moms are bad for letting their kids watch at a young age....Austin learned how to write words at the age of 2 from watching Blues Clues! (I am not even exaggerating)! And Tyler is quite the "little destructor", so if he can be entertained by Sesame Street so that I can unload a dishwasher, then "yea" for me!

Guess blogging time is over...messes to clean, babies to hold, diapers to change, laundry to do, sleep to deprive, etc. etc. etc....

1 comment:

The Slider Family said...

Oh Summer, you poor thing! The bright side is that hopefully since everyone has gotten it, maybe your family will be safe for a while. I will cross my fingers for you!:) Hang in there!