Sunday, October 25, 2009

S is for Saturday, Suns & State Fair!

I have to start this blog by just saying how fun it is to have a brother with "connections"! Saturday was so much fun. We started the day by going with my whole family to the US Airways center where the Suns play, and watching their "open practice". My brother, Lukas, from 97.5 held a contest before the practice. He is so cute to watch in action. He is such a natural in front of an audience...I love him so much!

He arranged for all of us to sit in the "court side" seats (you know, the black, leather, comfy ones), and it was AWESOME to see the Suns players up close. My camera battery was about dead when we got there, so I didn't get very many pictures unfortunately, and the ones I did take mostly came out blurry, because everyone was moving so fast. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and Jeff was in heaven....he LOVES the Suns.
Before the practice they had this jumping slam dunk thing with a couple of people that I guess do it all the time for the Suns....but they were jumping off a trampoline, and flying through the air. The Suns Gorilla had like 8 people stand between the trampoline, and the basket, and hold all of their arms straight up in the air, and jumped right over them....CRAZY GORILLA!

My family (minus my brother Alex) in front of the US Airways Center

Mimi and Katie

Coco & Lolo...both really surprised, or checking their breath :)


My sweet little niece, Tylee

Crazy Gorilla
Okay, I know this is a horrible pic...but, if you look closely, you can see the guy with the orange jersey on, and he is holding a ball over his head, and his shoulders are above the backboard...those guys were flyin'!

This was Katie the whole time...it was very loud...and she is very sensitive to loud noises!
My brother, Lukas, getting ready to come out and do "his dance contest"
My least blurry picture of Steve Nash...he is incredible to watch (well, they all are really)!

Afterwards, we all went to the AZ State Fair. We had a ball! Although, everything was way more expensive than it was last time I went (when Austin and Katie were 1 and 2). My brother's station also had a job for him there...he had to host the national Thriller dance. I guess they did it last year too, but people all over the world all dance the Thriller dance at the exact same time....it was pretty cool.
Anyway, we won some prizes, we went on rides, we saw all the animals, and we ATE! It was lots of fun, and the kids had a ball! I love getting to spend time with my family...they are so much fun! So, thanks Bubby for such a great day!

Me, Jeff, Austin, and Katie going down the big slide...this is my favorite thing to do there!

Zac and Coco coming down next

All of the AZ police depts had booths set up with free stuff for kids, and they let all the kids take pictures on real motorcycles....Katie was too scared to get on one by herself, so Jeff hopped on with her.

Me, Lukas, Zac, Austin, and Katie before his "Thriller Dance"

This was a few minutes before the dance started...I went up this ramp to get a better shot, but it didn't work out so well. It was craziness over there, there were a lot of people watching.



My only (blurry) shot of the dancers...I think there were like over 150 dancers...


And of course, what is the State Fair without....
Pink
Cotton
Candy! Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I don't usually listen to the radio on my long trek(drive) to work and from work, I use it as my quiet time; however, there are times when I would turn on the radio to your brother! and I didn't even know it!!

We went when it first opened and it was $1 to get in....then we ate at my uncles Fry Bread concession...but the first thing Leka wanted was the cotton candy and who can resist! Last we went to the state fair was in 2004. It seemed to have gotten more crowded and more expensive!