Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Turnin' 8 & Feelin' Great...Sort of...

Austin Shiflet
Born Monday September 17, 2001 at 7:41am
Tonight as I was tucking my sweet little Austin into bed he said, "Mom, all of my sins are gonna count tomorrow." I think he is a little nervous to be turning 8, but excited to be baptized at the same time.
I can't believe my little Austin is 8!!!!! I remember everything about his birth and babyhood so clearly. It went by so so fast, and I have to say, I am so proud of the sweet boy that he is.
Braggin' Time. My Austin is excellent at playing all sports (he's a natural), he is a straight A student, he has 11 out of the 13 Articles of Faith memorized, he is a wonderful big brother, and loves playing with his little brother and sister, and loves all of his cousins and friends. He is definitely a good hearted person, and I am so excited for him to start scouts, especially since I am one of his Wolf Leaders. I love this little blue-eyed, exceptional boy, and I can't believe I had a hand in bringing him into this world. Austin is funny, and smart, and talented, and we are so lucky to have him in our family! We love you Austin.....Happy 8th Birthday!!!!!!!
More to come on the birthday fun!

1 comment:

The Slider Family said...

Happy Birhtday Austin! His baptism is going to be so special for your whole family!