Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Reenie!

My Grandma Reenie turned 90 on March 16! I know what your thinking "whoa nellie". Well, incredibly, she looks wonderful, she is up and around just fine, she takes very good care of herself, and aside from not having a very loud voice, can carry on a conversation just fine. I don't think anyone would guess 90, but anyway, we love you Grandma Reenie! It won't be long 'til we're celebrating 100!


We actually had a little party for her after church. And luckily, it was during spring break, so all of the cousins (with the exception of Melani, she was a day late) got to be there. So we made a big banner and colored it in, and I traced all of her grandchildren and great-grand children's hands. Everyone was supposed to decorate and sign their own hand, but they were all so busy playing, that it was too hard to accomplish. Anyway, we got the plastic champagne cups and some sparkling cider, and my brother Adam (aka Lukas 97.5 fm) roasted my grandma. It was hilarious, and he had us all cracking up. Afterwards, she opened her presents, and we enjoyed ice cream cakes from baskin robbins. Yummy!






"The Birthday Banner"



"The Birthday Table"




Grandma Reenie


Alex and Grandma Reenie


Grandma Reenie and Adam


Grandma Reenie and Coco (Adam's wife) enjoying a cocktail (NA)


Grandma Reenie and her "look-a-like" Lolo


Grandma Reenie and a very uncooperative Tyler!


Grandma Reenie surrounded by all of her great-grandkids on our side of the family


(Except for Melani, and Tyler the grouch!)






On Monday (her actual bday), we did a family home evening together. My grandma likes to hear us all sing, so each of the kids sang a song for her, and then they all sang together. Then all of the adults took turns singing hymns. It was a wonderful night, and I will always cherish those combined FHE's when everyone is singing and together, and it is just special to me. Anyway, as usual I took a ton of pics.



Katelyn singing "I am a Child of God"





Tylee singing "Book of Mormon Stories"



Austin singing "The Priesthood is Restored"



Zac and Colby singing "Army of Helaman"



Colby, Zac, Tylee, Austin, and Katelyn singing "Scripture Power"!



My dad...The sunglasses on my parents are completely normal, morning, noon & night, indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter.....the hat, however, isn't usually worn this way, and it became "a thing" that night.



Everyone had to get "jiggy-wid-it"



I love my family, we always have a lot of laughs!



Roena Lucille Cole - March 16, 2009


No comments: