Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Katelyn Novelle!

My sweet little Katelyn turned 6 on Saturday. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Anyway, we started the day with her favorite breakfast...pancakes and hash browns with ketchup. Her daddy made her 6 silver dollar pancakes and a big (slightly overcooked) 6 pancake. Yummy!
Katie blowing out her candle after we sang to her!
Katie had decided a family party was just fine by her, so my sweet and beautiful sis-in-law Nicole (Coco) let us have the party at her house. It was so nice, when we drove up, she had decorations on the garage, and all over the house. She had the table decked out with a ton of presents that she had gotten Katie. We just had it a family party because I didn't have it in me to do a kids themed party with all the games and stuff. So, we had my parents and grandma, my brother Alex, and of course Adam, Coco and Zac, and Jeff had his mom come and his sister Merriann with her two darling boys Jordan and Nathan. Adam was so sweet to set up his dj stuff in the backyard, and he had music going the whole time, and had the kids play musical chairs. The boys also got to enjoy playing football for about an hour in the front yard (which is Austin's favorite thing in the world). And my sibs and I jammed out in a few games of rockband which is awesome! And Coco kicked my rear at "Rockstar", you go Tina junior (Your Simply the Best)!

Coco & Mimi (hottie totties)

She still hasn't played with everything yet!

Adam aka Lukas getting the games started! I love you Bubby!
The kids playing Musical Chairs (FYI Jordan won)


Nathan, Jordan and Austin getting ready to slaughter Zac with silly string!

Ready, set, GO! This was at Zac's request for UTube

Katelyn, (surprise, surprise) could not have cared less that we had a party. She didn't care to eat Subway (her choice for lunch), she did not care about games or prizes, and she did not even care to eat her own birthday cake that her daddy decorated beautifully! All she wanted to do was play with Coco's 2 dogs, Molly and Gilly. She LOVES those dogs, and can't get enough of them. She bugged them until the second we went home. This girl has the craziest amount of love for animals than I have ever seen! She did come in to blow out her candles, then ran right back out. She came in to open presents, and grabbed some bubbles, and ran back out to see the dogs. So as far as she was concerned, the dogs could have been her only guests, and that would have suited her just fine! I did force her to pose with her guests, but as quickly as she could so she could get back to playing!

Isnt' this a beautiful cake? Jeff swears it's the "ugliest cake" he has ever done! (Show off)

Katelyn and "the Birthday Cake"

Coco and Katie

Grandma Reenie, Katie, & Pops!
Mimi & KatieCoo

Bubby Al stealing birthday suggie!


Me & Kapoodle


Katie openening up her presents. My little pony unicorn. Thanks Merriann!

Woah! Money! I'm rich, I'm wealthy! Thanks Grandma & Mimi!

Best Friends = Katelyn & Molly


More doggie lovin'!

"Post-Party Poop-Out"!
Gilly & Coco and Molly & Katie


Oh No! I think Tyler may follow in Katie's "dog-lovin'" footsteps!

After the party, Jeff's mom and family went to Macayo's for dinner. And since we had missed out on it the night before (see previous post), we of course had to go. We had a lot of fun visiting. But again, the poor birthday girl was too tired to eat dinner or dessert! (It makes me sad to see a 6 year old not care a thing about cake or ice cream). She fell asleep on me before we left, and was out for the night.
Nathan and Katie on the stairs waiting for a table.

Nathan and Katie coloring

Jeff's sister, brother-in-law and nephew

Tyler with his own kids meal (nothing makes him happier!)
Is that good???

In any case, Happy 6th Birthday my sweet and beautiful little Katelyn Novelle! I will never forget the day you were born, and that you were the most tiny baby I have ever held. 5lbs 6oz. You were beautiful then, and you are even more beautiful now. Your mommy loves you more than you will ever know! And yes, you will always be precious to your mommy!

2 comments:

Karin said...

She looks like a sweetie! Happy Birthday to her. Don't they grow up too fast? I'm so glad for blogs to capture all these great moments.

The Slider Family said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn! You are so big!