Monday, March 30, 2009

Autee

I just had to take a second to appreciate my sweet children. I have witnessed some very tender moments between them throughout their lives. And although the fighting gets a little worse each year, their love for each other is strong. I have to be grateful for that.
I know I don't take the time to appreciate Austin enough for all that he does to help me out. Especially when it comes to being the "big brother". He has always made time to play with his little brother and sister, and share with him. They have formed such a sweet little bond.
Since Tyler was born, Austin has gotten even better at being a brother, and adores his little clone. Tyler has most lovingly started calling his big brother "Autee" I know that he is still little, and can't form his words very well yet, and that soon enough he will be able to say actual names, but I have to admit, I want "Autee" to stay forever. Every day when Austin gets home from school, Tyler runs for the door yelling at the top of his lungs "Autee, Autee! Diss! (that means kiss). I hope that I never forget these sweet moments. In spite of mostly chaotic-filled days, I really love those short thrills.

"Autee"-a great big brother

2 comments:

The Slider Family said...

I love this post! What a special bond these brothers are going to have. Any nicknames my babies have called older siblings has always stuck...and I love it too! You are so sweet!

BeckyinQC said...

Although these sweet moments don't seem to come often enough, as a mother you sure appreciate them when they do! I think your an awesome mom raising some pretty awesome kids. Austin is a sweetie and Tyler's a lucky boy!