Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last Day of Being 5!


Friday was Katelyn's last day of being 5, so I told her we would celebrate the whole day, and celebrate we did! I picked up Katie and her friend Camerin from school, and took them straight to IN-N-OUT burger (Katie's favorite). Katelyn ate about 1/3 of her cheeseburger and then accidentally dropped it on the floor. While we were waiting for them to bring her another one, she ate almost my entire hamburger, and then when she got her new one, she ate almost the entire thing, not to mention, her fries and chocolate shake. She may only be 34 pounds, but that girl can pack it away!



After our tummies were full, I took the girls (and Tyler of course) to the Ironwood Crossings park. It was so much fun, and the girls had a blast! Jeff met us over there on his lunch break to play for a few minutes, and good thing he did, because Katie drank almost his whole drink!



After all the fun, I had to take Austin to baseball practice, and Katie got to play on her second playground, during the practice. She had 5 or 6 older kids pushing her on the swing, and catering to her every whim. When I got to the practice, I found out my camera battery was dead, so the pictures for the day were over. (I hate it when this happens!)



Then after baseball practice, we rushed to pick up daddy, and headed over to Extreme Play AZ. We got free tickets to go celebrate "Let's Play Music's" Bday party (Austin and Katie's music class). I had no idea how fun it would be. And since my camera was dead, I cannot show you how much fun it was either, but I would highly recommend it to those of you who want your kids to get some serious energy out! They have all of the blow up slides, and playgrounds, and they also have a video game center, where you can sit and play all the latest video games. Really cool.



And after 2 hours of fun, we were all starving since we didn't ever eat dinner, so we finally had to call it quits. Jeff was dying for Macayo's...and since we were only a few blocks away, we decided to go over there for dinner. Well, as luck would have it, as soon as we got there, we found out that half of their power had gone out, and they weren't going to seat anyone until it came back on, which they weren't sure if it even would. So we had to leave with grumbling tummies. We ended up at On The Border (which was great because we got to visit with our nephew Derek, who works there), but Katelyn was too tired to eat anything, including us offering to get her a "birthday dessert", she just replied "I'm too tired to eat, I'll just have cake tomorrow."



We had so much fun, and I was really trying to enjoy my sweet little daughter on the verge of growing from toddler to "real kid". I adore my sweet little Katelyn. She is my only daughter, and I have just been trying to enjoy her every day. She doesn't look just like me, but she definitely acts like me, especially her eye for perfection, and also her sensitive feelings. I am sad that I will never have a 5 year old daughter again, but I am so excited to see who my little Katie will grow into.





Wolfing down her 1st cheeseburger (mmmmmm good!)






Chasing it with a fry!



Katie and Camerin at the park. They are so cute!






Going down the slide (They were racing down this slide so fast this took me about 5 minutes to get them to both sit still long enough to take the picture.)

1 comment:

ERIN said...

oh! those photos of the girls darling! I'm glad I was on Kyra's blog and saw you had a blog! REading your blog made me realize that I won't ever have another five year old daughter either! i never htought of that before...it'a hard having just one girl-- they seem to grow up way to fast when they are the "one and only's" in the family.
Thank you for inviting Camerin to spend the day with Katelyn, she had a blast and was so excited to go.