Friday, November 19, 2010

Alma 37-38

Quote "I have little or no fear for the young man or the young woman, who honestly and conscientiously supplicate God twice a day for the guidance of His Spirit. I am sure that when the temptation comes they will have strength to overcome it by the inspiration that shall be given to them. Supplicating the Lord for the guidance of His Spirit places around us a safeguard, and if we...honestly seek the guidance of the Spirit of the Lord, I can assure you that we will receive it."
~President Heber J. Grant
Question "What are some things you talk to the Lord about? How does He direct you for good?"
We have been commanded to pray always, over all things, daily. This is sort of a challenge for me because I do not like to have a lot of repetition in my prayers, yet this seems unavoidable. I have talked to the Lord about a wide variety of topics in my life, from a simple blessing on the food, to the most painful, sorrowful things of my heart. I, personally, mostly pray to do better, to be better, to have a greater desire to be better, and to be forgiven. I pray for my children, and family, our military, the missionaries, friends, neighbors, those in need, and lots of other things.
The Lord directs us for good through the Holy Ghost, and through the scriptures. The Holy Ghost is Heavenly Father's way of talking to us, and answering us. When we get a good feeling from the Holy Ghost, we know we are pleasing our Heavenly Father. He has also given us the scriptures to tell us how we should live our lives, and what He expects out of us. We know that if we keep His commandments that we are headed in a good direction.

No comments: