Friday, November 26, 2010

Alma 55-56

Quote "We need more mothers who know the truth, whose children do not doubt their mothers know it."

~Elder Neal A. Maxwell


Question "What important lessons have you learned from your mother?"

My mother is an amazingly spiritual woman! My mother, like the mothers of the Stripling Warriors, is a convert to the church. She has an unbelievable understanding of the Gospel, and of the scriptures. She is one of the few people I know that knows the Bible (Old and New Testaments) as well as the Book of Mormon.....she delights in them. She has taught me the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She has taught me what it means to have a testimony of our Savior, and how to apply it in my life. She has taught me that there is comfort and joy and answers in the scriptures. She has taught me that there is peace in the temple. She has taught me that the work that I do as a mother is the most important work I will ever do. She is still in the process of teaching me how to forgive myself, and love myself, and let go of things, and move on. She has taught me how the Atonement of Jesus Christ conquers all. She has lost two children, and has had a very hard life, and yet she has taught me that good can come from bad, that we CAN trust the Lord to be there when we can't take another step, and that we need HIM every second of every day of our lives! She has taught me that it is never good to dwell on the negative, and to look for the good. She has taught me how to laugh! She has taught me that the "gospel principles are a guide to live by, not a stick to beat ourselves with."


I love my mother so very very much. I tell her everyday (several times a day) that I love her, and appreciate her for all that she does! I love you mommy, don't know what in the world I would do without you!

No comments: