Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Alma 50-51

Quote "Mormon wants to teach what will be of most worth to us, and his use of the words thus and thus we see make the lessons easier to recognize and understand. Pay close attention to the 'thus we see' phrases in the Book of Mormon. Here Mormon wants you to understand that the Lord is keeping His word to Lehi and blessing the Nephites with prosperity when they keep the commandments."

~Elder Henry B. Eyring


Question "In what ways has the Lord kept his word to you?"


I have received so many blessings that I am not even remotely worthy of, that I can't wrap my head around how to answer this question. He has given me everything, and protects me daily from things that I don't even want to know about. He does give specific blessings for keeping specific commandments, but He also blesses His children without them asking, or knowing. The Lord is bound by His word, and that is the same for everyone! He loves us, and wants us to be happy, and wants us to return and live with Him, and He gives us all the tools to do it, we just have to learn to use the tools.

No comments: