Thursday, April 16, 2009

BUSTED!!!

Oh, to be outsmarted by a 7 year old. I guess us moms all have to face it sooner or later. This morning I was driving the kids to school, and I had to let Austin sit in the front because I had both back seats folded down and a bunch of stuff in the back that I didn't have time to unload. So there he is, looking around, picking up a bunch of random papers and receipts that had been on the seat (tells you how often I clean out my car), and I am just driving along oblivious to what he was doing. Then right when we pull up to the school I hear
Austin: "Ah-ha, I knew it, this proves it!"
Me: "What are you talking about"
Austin: "This Walmart receipt, it proves that there is no Easter Bunny"
Me: (laughing) "What?"
Austin: "It says right here, girls socks, boys socks, t-ball, egg candy..." ( I knew the socks would bust me...see previous Easter post!)
BUSTED!
Me: "Austin, you are so much like me it is scary!"
Just for the record, I could care less about the rouse of any holiday figure, I would do Easter baskets and eggs anyway, and still love it, but the figures are meaningless to me. So I have never worked hard to convince them of an Easter bunny, so it is funny to me that he busted me on something that I don't even care about. Funny.
Let me explain what I mean when I said Austin was just like me. We are both investigators. When I was about 4 or 5, my mom gave me a "brand-new" coat for my birthday. I opened it up, and I still remember recognizing this blue coat with white trim. Here was the conversation:
Me: "This is Lori's coat" (Lori is my older sister by 2 years)
Mom: "No, this is a brand new coat just for you"
Me: "No it isn't, this is Lori's!"
Mom: "No, it is yours, it is new, it is wrapped up in a brand new box"
Me: "If this is new....then where are the tags?"
Mom : BUSTED! She never tried that again.
Sorry for all of the trouble mom.....I guess the mom's curse works!

5 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

That is sooo funny! Your both too smart for your own good. Would you stop making us other lower 48s look stupid? HA!

The Shiflet Family said...

Do you mean lower 95's??? Hahaha!

BeckyinQC said...

Uhhhhhh. Yeah. I'm gonna blame that one on the baby brain!! I guess that just proved my point huh? You can count me in on part of the lower 95s! UGH!

The Shiflet Family said...

Baby brain or not, you'll always be a top 5 brain to me! :):):)

The Slider Family said...

That was hilarious! Way to go Austin!:)