Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Pageant Fun!

First off, before I say anything else, I have to say Happy Birthday to my sweet little (actually big) nephew Colby J! We love you so much, and miss you, and hope that you have a wonderful birthday, and I can't believe you are 13! Look out Lolo, "hello teenager!"

After a crazy filled day, we went to see the Easter Pageant, which is one of my favorite things to do at Easter time. I love sitting outside in the cool air, listening to the beautiful music, and watching the story of our Savior come to life. I have to admit, every time I go, I see something new, and think, "I don't remember that part", so for me, I get something new out of it every time. I think last night one of my favorite parts was the parable of the 10 virgins, which brings more and more meaning into my life every year. But I have to say my very favorite every year is watching the angels singing and dancing for joy, especially at the end when Jesus is ascending into heaven behind them. I love that part. I love to picture my loved ones, and myself, as our spirits, being overjoyed, and how we must have felt to watch the Savior go through the atonement process, and then be risen again. How glorious! "Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me, enough to die for me, oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"

I finally got Austin and Katie to be brave enough to pose with some of the cast members walking around! This Roman soldier let Austin hold his whip, Austin thought that was pretty cool!

Don't laugh Utahans that we are bundled up without any snow on the ground!


Tyler had the best time, he loves being in his strolly outside! He pointed out everything that he recognized in the show, like every time he saw fire he said "hot", and when he saw the horse he said "neeiigghhh"


My picture did not come out very well, but I wanted to try to capture how high up and cool this scene is. If you see the green blob on the right, that is a full grown palm tree just to see how high up this really is. If you haven't seen this show, GO SEE IT! It only plays for about another week!

1 comment:

The Slider Family said...

I am so sad that I miss the Easter Pageant now. It was always something I loved going to. One of my favorite parts is the angels singing also...so powerful! I'm sure, with your angelic voice, that you were one of the angels that sang praises and glory unto Him. I have to laugh about the blankets! I didn't know cold until we moved here, but we loved bundling up in blankets to watch the Pageant too. Your kids are so cute and looked like they had a great time!