Sunday, March 28, 2010

1 Nephi 11-12

Quote "You need time to meditate and ponder, to think, to wonder at the great plan of happiness that the Lord has outlined for His children. You need to read the scriptures...I heard President David O. McKay say to the members of the Twelve on one occasion, 'Brethren, we do not spend enough time meditating.'"
~President Gordon B. Hinckley
Question "How often do you take time to ponder, to meditate on things that are important?"

Why this question.....do I have to honestly answer??? I guess that is the point of all of this. The answer for me is hardly ever! It is so hustle and bustle every single day....chores, kids, phone, computer, business, etc.... it is "rarely" just quiet enough to think in my house. Which I guess is the reason for my post 5 days ago, which is that 3:00am is the only quiet time in the house, to think upon matters. Isn't it so ironic, that so many of us are praying, and asking for help with our problems and trials, and yet, we don't seem to get an answer.....maybe it's not that we aren't getting an answer, maybe is we never stop to listen to the answer. Maybe we would have much more insight, and revelation into our lives if we did stop, and ponder, and actually use our brains on a deeper level.
Oh great, does this mean I need to actually do this! aaahhhh! I avoid the quiet most of the time, because my mind goes into hyper-drive, and I'm thinking about so many things that it is hard to focus on just one topic. Maybe my pondering skills are like a muscle that needs to be exercised. Maybe the first time I try it, I should only try it for 1 minute, the next day 2 minutes, and so on. Well, I have to admit, that I am disappointed the answers that I am seeking are not being handed to me on a shiny silver platter, along with a rice krispy treat. I know that I was inspired to do this, so now, the answer is more work! Figures.
I guess, I need to remember my thoughts on doing things without complaining....man....whoever came up with these quotes, questions, and challenge, really is sneaky to get you to realize that you have to be obedient without complaint, and then drop the bombshells on you to do more.....I feel like the Karate Kid "Daniel-son, I promise to teach, that my part, you promise to learn, that your part....I say, you do, no question!"

No comments: