Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Days of Summer Fun!

Well, summertime has officially commenced. The kids got out on Thursday. So far, so good. We have been trying to do some fun things with them every day. So Friday, Jeff was done early in the morning, so he came home, picked us up, and we went to the Ironwood Crossings park, and had a picnic, and played on the jungle gym with the kids, and had so much fun! I am bummed because my camera battery was charging, so I missed the opportunity for some really cute pictures.
Anyway, Saturday, we went swimming at my mom's house.
Sunday's of course are reserved for church duties.
Monday, my whole family went over to my mom's house for BBQ and swimming. We played pool volleyball (which is the most fun ever!) and played a little Phase 10, and had great time!
Yesterday, I gave Austin and Katelyn their first swimming lesson. I know, I know, they are 7 and 6, they should already know how to swim....well....I'm teaching them now! Austin is already going under, and loving it, and Katie is really close to taking off without any help. I predict that by next Monday, I won't even be able to catch them. Now, I guess I have to put my money where my mouth is!
Then last night, my brother got Jeff and Austin DBack tickets, so they went to the game together and had the BEST time! The sat right above the bull pen, so before the game, one of the players tossed Austin a baseball, and then he ended up getting the DBack's starting catcher to sign it. I've never seen a kid more thrilled than he was when he came home!
Here are the few pics I have of the past few days.


First round of volleyball!
KT and her floatie!
Enough of the pool already!

Yummy Hot Dogs!
The 3 Little Pigs all tucked in together watching their favorite....
Blues Clues!
AJ and the bullpen!


These guys have Rockets for arms!
I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings!

2 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

Yeah for summer. Let the good times role!! Looks like you got a good start to it. I love the pic. with Austin in front of the pullpen.

Miss Sue said...

How did I not know you had a blog? Cute cute cute!!