Thursday, May 21, 2009

Miss You Tatie!

I just had to comment on the most wonderful woman that I have ever personally known.....my sister.....Stacey Lynn. Stacey died exactly 11 years ago today. I can't believe that my life has moved on since her death. I felt so hollow after she died, and I couldn't imagine that our family would just go on without her. The only thing that has gotten our family through her loss is the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the understanding that she is out of pain, and happy, and that we will see her again. And the next time we see her, she will be whole, and not sick, not plagued with diabetes, not a thin little waif, but full of the life and energy she was before she got sick.
There are not many days in my life that I don't think about her.
Stacey was the BEST mother I have ever known....I am not just saying that because she is my deceased sister, she really was. She was smart as a whip, straight A's throughout BYU and she took the most difficult math courses they offer. She tutored some BYU football players, which is hilarious because she was only 5'2", and never weighed more than 100lbs.
She was wonderful with children, she always knew exactly what to say to build their confidence, and put them at ease, and made them feel loved. I feel so sad that my children don't know her face to face, even though, I know that she knows them and loves them.
She was extremely organized, no offense to my most organized friends here, but I've never seen anyone more organized in my life.
My sister was so funny, had a great sense of humor, and made up some of the funniest songs ever!
She knew the gospel, and trusted it....she was happy to meet her maker, for she knew the scriptures, and had her own testimony of the love of Christ. She suffered unspeakable things, that I won't go into for my own sanity, and had unwavering faith in Christ, throughout it all. My sister was absolutely beautiful inside and out! I wish I had a digital picture to download, but she died before I got into the digital age.
I can't blog long enough to encompass the incredible person that she was and still is. I am sad that we don't have her on this earth, but I know that she has been called to a more important calling. I know that she looks in on us, and that she loves us. I have no doubt in my mind that she spends every spare second with her daughter, who she loved more than life, and is helping her every step of the way. I miss you so much Tatie, my second mom!
Stacey Lynn Cope
June 17, 1966 - May 21, 1998

3 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

I can't imagine what it is like to lose a sister (and hope I never have to). I know she must be helping your family on the other side, but can't help but feel bad that she isn't here for the two of you to share some memories now that you both are mothers. I absolutely KNOW that she would (is) be proud of you and the mother you are. You are a phenomenal mom.

You and your family are so awesome and inspiring to have overcome the many trials that you all have and to be such examples of faith. I'm so glad you shared this about your sis - I would love for you to show me some pictures sometime.

Love ya!

The Slider Family said...

What a sweet post. There is nothing like the bond of a sister and it would be easy to miss. We are so lucky to have great examples in our lives. You are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I can only say, I know how you feel! My sister's oldest daughter graduated last night and what an emotional night..I sat there, in the rain, and watched her from afar walking to get her diploma and than the tears rolled...all I thought about was the time my sister and I would sit and wonder what we will do when our kids graduate from high school...well..now Ema graduated and her mom has passed away.... the rain, the clouds, the night...it was a somber night... today marks my husband's 4 years of his passing.... it's been pretty somber around here... my kids gave me a hard time about not taking the day off.... it's knowing that we are sealed for time and eternity and that we will see my husband, my sister and my brother again...knowing that...we can make it here!!! We love ya!