Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Past Few Days!

I have been meaning to blog for the past few days, but I'm kind of glad that I waited, because today is Mother's Day, and it kind of brings more meaning to me now. On Thursday afternoon, even though I had laundry and other things to do, we spontaneously sat down as a family and watched Marley and Me, which Austin had already seen with his Coco and Nuntle, but I knew Katie would love it because of the dog. Anyway, it felt so good to just all be close and cuddled on the couch, munching popcorn, and just being together as a family.
Then on Saturday morning, (I really love it when this happens), Tyler, Katie, and Austin all end up on our bed, and we talk and laugh and play! We had so much fun just being together, and it really makes me appreciate being a mother, and how precious my family is to me. I know how good I have it, and I couldn't ask for better, sweeter, brighter, or more adorable children. I love them so much, and I love Jeff for giving them to me. I love being a mother, despite the diapers, arguing, screaming, refusing to eat dinner, eating too much candy, temper tantrums, headaches, runny noses, throwing up, breaking things, losing things, wrecking things..........despite all of that......I wouldn't trade my life or my family for anything! I know that they are growing up, and in a few years they are only going to want to be with their friends, so the times like these past few days, I have to say, I cherish! I love these times! I don't want them to end, I just want to breathe them in, and soak them up so that I don't EVER forget them! I hope that I always remember the closeness that we have as a family today! I just wanted to say how much I love my family.
Today was especially nice because we went to my mom's after church, and Jeff and my dad (and my brothers made some attempts to help) made a beautiful fajita dinner for all of us mothers. It was so yummy! And it was especially nice to just be able to sit around and talk while the men waited on us. And I have to say that Jeff has always been very wonderful about Mother's Day. He has always made a huge effort to do everything for me, and really help me have a day off (even though a complete day off is impossible with little kids), but he really tries, and I LOVE YOU HONEY! So thanks for the great day! I can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

Happy Mother's Day Summie. Your one of the best Mommy's I know and I appreciate the example and support you are to me. I'm so glad Jeff treated you well(of course he would have had to contend with me if he didn't). His fajitas in and of itself is a treat! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ditto...the fighting, the screaming, the headaches, the 's' word(shut up), the constant teasing, the constant nagging, even ALL that...I wouldn't trade it for the world...even if it was for EDWARD!!! :)