Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2 Nephi 10-13

Quote "I can visualize an army of righteous youth prepared and worthy to attend the temple. I can see families sealed together for eternity. I can see youth who understand what it means to be 'saviours...on mount Zion.' I can see youth whose hearts are turned to their fathers. And I can envision youth growing up in such a way that they will come forth from the temples filled with strength to resist worldly pressures. I can see a generation of youth who will 'stand...in holy places, and be not moved.'"
~ Sister Elaine S. Dalton
Question "Why do you think Isaiah compares the temple to a mountain?
I have to base this with the fact that Isaiah is very difficult to understand, since he speaks in apocolyptic form. I need to get me a copy of "Isaiah for Dummies"....at least I think I've seen that before. I can understand small parts, then it will go on to talk about things, I truly don't understand. This is why I am so grateful to have the Book of Mormon. As much as I love the Bible, if it was all we had, it would be much more difficult to understand the truth!

No comments: