Monday, April 5, 2010

2 Nephi 4-7

Quote "No father, no son, no mother, no daughter should get so busy that he or she does not have time to study the scriptures and the words of modern prophets. None of us should get so busy that we crowd out contemplation and praying."
~ President Spencer W. Kimball
Question "What is it that brings a person to love the scriptures?
For me, the answer is the Spirit. I feel the Spirit when I read my scriptures, and I love to feel the Spirit, so naturally, I want to read them more. I think also, when you read them, and you see similarities of things you might be going through or feeling, and it gives you comfort to know that there is somewhere you can go to help give you answers, or that you are not alone in your own trials. I also have to say that when I read certain stories, for instance, about Captain Moroni, and the 2,000 stripling warriors, I just love them so much, and I love the stories about them. Learning to love and appreciate the prophets, and what they went through, makes me love the scriptures even more!
PS ~ I found this quote ironic, since yesterday was Easter Sunday, and I was too busy to blog this yesterday. hahaha....that's why I'm doing this to learn to be better! (I guess I have a loooonnng way to go)

No comments: