Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jacob 5

Quote "Give me a young man who has kept himself morally clean and has faithfully attended his Church meetings. Give me a young man who has magnified his priesthood and has earned the Duty to God Award and is an Eagle Scout. Give me a young man who is a seminary graduate and has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me such a young man, and I will give you a young man who can perform miracles for the Lord in the mission field and throughout his life."
~President Ezra Taft Benson
Question "How can you prepare now to labor diligently in the Lord's vineyard?"
I think the best way to labor diligently in the Lord's vineyard is to keep the commandments, and set an example. It's doing the every day things, reading the scriptures, and praying for inspiration of the Lord's will. It is attending church meetings, and doing everything I can to magnify my callings. It is feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and comforting those that stand in need of comfort. It is fellowshipping new members of the church, and not being afraid to bear my testimony the times I feel inspired to do so. I'm definitely not even close to perfection in these areas, but at least I recognize that, and am striving to do better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you getting these daily inspirations from? Or are you coming up with them on your own?

The Shiflet Family said...

The 90 day reading program that I'm doing has a reading assignment, a quote and a question to ponder every day. So, I share the assignment, the quote, and I try to answer the question.....most of the time anyway.