Thursday, April 1, 2010

1 Nephi 19-21

Quote "May I commend you faithful Saints who are striving to flood the earth and your lives with the Book of Mormon. Not only must we move forward in a monumental manner more copies of the Book of Mormon, but we must move boldly forward into our own lives and throughout the earth more of its marvelous messages. This sacred volume was written for us - for our day. Its scriptures are to be likened unto ourselves."
~President Ezra Taft Benson
Question "How do the things you read in the scriptures relate to your life?
I have to admit that today I am sick, and can barely focus on the things I read. It took me a long time to read today. I will simply say the answer to the question, which is for me, that everything in the Book of Mormon relates to today. The same things are happening today, that happened in times of old. Maybe the exact circumstances are different, but the problems are pretty much the same. So, it is a guide and a comfort to have the scriptures as a tool to navigate our way through this swirling soup of darkness that we has us constantly surrounded.
P.S. If this doesn't turn out to make sense, it is because my head weighs 100 lbs right now, and thinking is really really hard.

No comments: