Monday, April 5, 2010

2 Nephi 8-9

Quote "Keeping everything in balance can be a real problem...Often the lack of clear direction and goals can waste away our time and energy and contribute to imbalance in our lives...Our main goal should be to seek "immortality and eternal life." With this as our goal, why not eliminate from our lives the things that clamor for and consume our thoughts, feelings, and energies without contributing to our reaching that goal?"
~ Elder M. Russell Ballard
Question "How do you spend your time, money and energy?"
How do I spend my time, money and energy???? Well, let's just say that I won't be lifted up to join the city of Enoch any time soon. :) I definitely have struggled keeping everything in "balance" as the quote above says.
Time wise, I could be a lot more efficient, and a lot more conscience of my spiritual goals....have a waaayyyys to go with the time thing....but at least I can admit I have a problem...and that is the first step! :)
Money? Well, I have been fortunate enough to have had enough financial troubles, that even though a part of me will always want to have nicer things, and more things, the majority of me has learned enough lessons, and realized that those things DO NOT bring the most happiness. I'm sure I still have plenty to learn, but I feel pretty good about trying not to just spend on frivolous things. Maybe when I have more money, this will be harder, however, I hope that I'm strong enough that "worldly purchases" won't be such a huge dilemma.
Energy....hmmm....definitly lacking in this one! I am so tired most of the time, so I have to really try to spend my energy doing the most important things on my list....I sort of grew up this way. My family calls this "crisis management". Or in other words "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". When I have 100 things on my to-do list and enough energy to do 5 of them, I have to prioritize. Sometimes, this leaves important things lacking, but hey, all we can do is try our best, right?

No comments: