Friday, April 30, 2010

Mosiah 9-11

Quote "The enabling and strengthening aspect of the Atonement helps us to see and to do and to become good in ways that we could never recognize or accomplish with our limited mortal capacity. I testify and witness that the enabling power of the Savior's Atonement is real."
~Elder David A. Bednar
Question "In what ways do we depend on our own strength? How can we more fully receive the strength of the Lord?"
It's funny, I was just thinking about this.....on days when I'm just in a rush to get the kids off to school, and have a million things to do, and don't take the time to pray, I just think to myself "I need to get this done, etc..." without ever stopping to think that I wouldn't be able to do anything if it weren't for the Lord giving me the ability to do it! I depend on my own strength a lot! I need to stop doing that, because it never really is my strength anyway.
I know that I can receive the strength of the Lord by acknowledging Him in prayer, and asking for His help. I also receive inner-strength when I read my scriptures. I have a better understanding of a humble attitude when I do these things. Especially when I think about Nephi....here's a guy that was exceptionally obedient, who built a ship, who slayed a man, and who did so much more, and yet, Nephi never, not once said, "ha! see what I just did" or "I'd watch it if I were you Laman, you know what I'm capable of." He never depended on his own strength or abilities, he was always submissive to the Lord, as we should all be, for no matter how much we do to obey Him, we will ALWAYS be endebted to Him.

No comments: